"I got it! Let me hold it first!"
Luckily, Daddy caught a fish quickly and Ethan couldn't wait to get his hands on it!
"Um, Dad, my hands are all gooey now. You'd better get that thing off my fishing pole."
He soon decided that fish were a little too slimy and icky, and let Daddy handle that part.
"Here's the fish!"
It was so big it's good that Daddy was there to reel it in...a whopping 3.5 inches!
"Dad, I can do it! It's my pole anyway!"
I'm not sure who was supposed to be fishing, Ethan or Chris.
Ethan and Chris were frequently fighting over the Go!Diego!Go! fishing pole. I guess the boring black one we brought was not nearly as cool. By the time we left the pond, I felt like I had twin 1 year olds and decided a cartoon fishing pole would be perfect for Chris for Father's Day!
Ethan eventually got bored watching Chris fish with the Diego pole, and so he and I went off and found this beautiful blue heron hanging around the edge of the pond.
All in all it was a great time. Ethan and Chris caught three fish, had lots of laughs and giggles, and definitely had the daddy-son bonding time that they both needed. I enjoyed relaxing by the pond, thanks to the security of Ethan's life vest (thanks again, Jenna!!!). We can't wait to do it again!




1 comment:
What a cute post! It's killing me that the kid is that old though! Florida looks like a fun place!
Post a Comment