Sunday, March 29, 2009

Baby Brother? Baby Sister?

We are so happy to let everyone know Ethan is going to be a big brother in about 7 months!  It'll still be awhile before we know if it's a girl or a boy, as I'm only 8 weeks pregnant, but we're still very excited!

The first time Chris told Ethan that he was going to be a big brother, here's how the conversation went:

Chris: Do you want a baby brother or baby sister?

Ethan: (Emphatically shakes head no) NO.  No Baby.  Baby cries.

Chris: (Blank stare, then bursts out laughing).

I am glad to say that now Ethan has warmed up some to the idea, and will respond that he does want a baby brother or baby sister.  In fact I have figured out how his preference works.  If I ask him if he wants a "baby brother or baby sister," he will say "baby sister."  If I ask him if he wants a "baby sister or baby brother," he will say "baby brother."  Whichever option I give him last is the one he wants at that moment.  For me, I just want a healthy, happy kiddo!  (And preferably a pregnancy with less sickness than last time!)

1 comment:

Mike and Debbie said...

Yay! Congratulations! I too, hope you aren't as sick! I'm so excited for you all!