We've given up on going to Nursery at church, some of you have heard the singing time episode that didn't go so well. But we still go to the first meeting (Sacrament meeting) and then he goes to Sunday School with me. Last Sunday, they were confirming two new members of the church during the Sacrament meeting. I told Ethan he needed to fold his arms for a special prayer. He looked at me kind of funny, because we had just finished saying a prayer. So I told him it was for a blessing. He was quite for the first few seconds of the blessing, then what I said must have donned on him. He proudly, and LOUDLY declared, "Blessing for sick! Sick blessing. Tummy hurts." I put my hand gently over his mouth and attempted to get him to be quiet. My mother and brother started silently laughing, which was all the encouragement he needed. He continued to talk about how the person was sick and needed a blessing. Needless to say, before the second confirmation started he was whisked out of the chapel! A phone rang during the second confirmation, and someone turned around and said "At least your son was more on target than a cell phone!"
I think part of the problem is that my son simply refuses to acknowledge Spanish. Whenever people pray or talk in Spanish (which is a lot in a Spanish branch) he talks right through them! But if it's English, he will sit quietly and listen or fold his arms. Hmm....does this mean he's going to have as hard of a time learning languages as his mother?




No comments:
Post a Comment