Well, here are the first pictures of the newest addition to the family. "Baby Sister" was finally given a name: Addyson Lawren Baldwin. She was born Thursday, November 5th at 12:54. She was 7 lbs, 1 ounce and 20.5 inches long. (And absolutely beautiful, as every mom thinks their child is!)
She came super fast...I started having regular contractions around 11:30, and by 12:54 we were holding her! So, needless to say, I did not have time to get any pain meds. The doctors also did not have time to give me a shot of antibiotics that I needed before she was born, and she contracted Group B Strep and Staph A. She has to stay in the NICU for 10 days, so she'll be coming home Sunday evening. It was hard to leave her there when I was discharged, and it's still really hard to leave her after I visit every day. Poor Ethan just keeps asking when "baby Addyson" is coming home and why he can't see her in the hospital. (Because of Swine Flu concerns, they aren't allowing any children in the NICU, even siblings right now.) But, her daily blood work shows that the GBS is going down, and they haven't seen any more signs of Staph A. So all is going as well as it can be. As hard as it is to leave her every day, I do feel blessed that she is not there for more serious health concerns, and that we will be able to bring her home soon.




3 comments:
Congrats Elizabeth!!!!! You have a girl!!! You are a mom of two!!! Can you believe it?! I'm sorry that she has to stay in the hospital without you, I'm sure that is really hard. In no time though you'll have your little angel with you! I love the name! So pretty! Was that on your list?
Congrats again, I'm so happy for you!!
CONGRAULATIONS!!!! She IS beautiful!!! We are so happy for you all! So sad she has to stay in the hospital. Hopefully she'll be home soon. We love you guys and can't wait to come out to see you!
Post a Comment