Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back to Reality

Okay, as many of you know I have become addicted to the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.  It all started about 8 months ago, thanks to a great friend (thanks, Joy!).  I was very excited to get the newest, and apparently last, book in the series that came out last Saturday.  I dove right into reading it and finished it early Sunday morning (thanks to my wonderful husband who put up with my nightlight in bed all night).  Without ruining it for those who haven't finished it yet, I won't say much.  But it wasn't quite what I was picturing, and felt ambivalent.  So, as with all of the Stephenie Meyer books I've read so far, I decided that I needed to reread it.   I just finished my second go-around.  I am pleased to say I now love the book, and am only sad I don't have a fifth book to wait for.  But.....there's always the movie coming out!!!  I wonder how many times I'll have to see that!  (Poor Chris....he's already sure I'll have to drag him to see it at least once.  He still doesn't get why I am in love with a series about vampires and werewolves....Oh dear...how do I explain?!)  


    



3 comments:

Stephanie said...

i'm so glad you're hooked too! Maybe we should spare the husbands and go see it together! did you hear it comes out November 21st instead of December 12th?

~ Joy ~ said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!!!!!

I completely felt the same way. I just had to let the book sit for 24 hours, maybe only 12 - then start up again. Now I love it. YAY! I'm so glad you did, too.

AND November 21 will be here before we know it!

~ Joy ~ said...

OOOOOOH, Today's August 21st that means only 3 months from today. =D