Chris has called several times to make sure we are okay. Despite his insistence that I get plenty of sleep tonight to be able to handle everything the next two days, I find myself up at 12:30am completely glued to the weather channels to track the movement of the storm. It's not that I'm worried, it's just this darn storm has changed course so often since this past Sunday that I'm curious to see where it will go next. A category 1 usually just means a lot of rain and winds strong enough to knock down tree branches or power lines. It's more of an annoyance than anything dangerous, especially if the power goes out.
Fortunately, we are as prepared as I feel we can get with plenty of canned food, water, dog food, flashlights, candles, batteries, and a healthy supply of movies and books to outlast the bad weather. We are also fortunate enough to have wonderful friends among the Coast Guard wives and in our church who have called or stopped by to make sure we will be okay or invite us to stay further inland with them. (We are only 10-15 minutes from the beaches, but not in the evacuation areas for anything smaller than a category 4 hurricane.)
Hopefully, I'll wake up in the morning and the storm will have changed direction or died down....we'll see!!




1 comment:
Wow Elizabeth! Sounds like you are as prepared as you can be, good for you.
I had friends at BYUH that when their small island was hit by a hurricane they'd tie themselves to a tree and hang on. Glad it's not that rough. . .yet.
Miss you!! Thanks for the updates!
And HANG in there! ;-)
Post a Comment